Monday 1 February 2010

V for Vendetta


I finished this book a week ago and have an urge to read it again. I first heard about it through the Wachowski brothers film by the same name in 2005. I loved the shear gritty yet playful touch used with such current issues of fear, terrorism and authoritarian regimes. Written in the 80's it still hasn't lost any of its excitement or power through the years, but if you want to read it make sure you don't watch the film first as the film is quite true to the book with a few additions and edits. I really love it and can't wait to read Watchmen which is also by Alan Moore (story writer). I'm getting into my comic book at the moment i suppose cus i miss the childishness the artwork and ease of it all + there being some amazing stories out there.

Next book MAUS by Art Spiegelman
x

No comments:

Post a Comment