Saturday 2 January 2010

Wheres Gummo?

I bought a film posters book of the 90's in a Portugal book fair and as i was flicking through this image struck me. You see I have this fascination with spectacle and striking images which distort, cause reaction or just seem slightly odd. This can sometimes lead me to venture onto the cinema and see some terrible films i.e. Van Helsing - bad choice OR Watchmen - one of the best films that i watched last year. So it is no surprise that this accordion playing rabbit headed boy in a toliet cubicle gives me a certain urge to see Gummo. The claim that its made by the creator of Kids is also an intriguing prospect, as that film was bought me as a christmas gift with the words 'it'll make you never want to have sex'. Though it was a powerful film i overcame my 'fear' of sex the following year but the overbearing message about AIDS is still there. Anyhow Gummo no matter how much i want to see it, its a hard film to try to find since i think its not in print in the UK.

This Christmas i got The Fall which is introduced by David Fincher (FIGHT CLUB)and Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich). The trailer struck me as one of the most imaginative and visually stunning pieces of cinema i've ever seen.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment