Sunday 10 January 2010

Me and Jesus or Jesus and I


I have been thinking alot about what to do after university - which mostly means working in a pub/ dreaming of something creative to do in my spare time.

Today i had the idea of doing A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures by Chris Waitt style documentary about being the Messiah. As Christians believe in a second coming of Jesus and Jews are still waiting for their Messiah to turn up I wondered if these religion have procedures in practise just in case of such an event. As religion tends to be about this aim surely they have something to do when their saviour comes. Or How do you distinguish who really is the son of God? And How do that I am the Son of God or not?

After researching this subject over 20 minutes now i've become slightly annoyed with the preachy-ness -well durr they're gonna be - of the articles i'm reading and remembering the 'fear of God' that i've battled through after declaring i'm an atheist.

The thing is i was a Catholic at one point, went to a Roman Catholic primary and secondary school. Went to Church every Sunday and Sunday school from age 5 to 11. Prayed to God when I felt bad or wanted something. Hardly ever read the bible. I was given Confession, Communion and Confirmed.

The time I gave it up was when I went to see a Councilor and confessed to my nightmares of God and Satan fighting inside my bedroom. - was defiantly given too much cheese when I was growing up - He then told my Parents and I stopped going to church as much because I had an excuse - it was ruining my mental health - Now i'm not sure how true this statement actually is but I know I have a very strong Super Ego/Conscience which often guilt trips me into doing things I would rather not.

I'm looking at what I've written and realize how much religion has formed me and is a big part of my identity whether I like it or not. One things for sure I need to explore it.

So...Good Idea for a documentary Me and Jesus + how do you identify if you are Jesus or not. Interesting idea maybe slightly juvenile and comic in its naivity.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment